Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your home. Mold is a part of nature, however the strain of mold that grows in your house or property can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores travel through the air, entering structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is practically impossible for you to stop mold encountering your residence. You should be worried as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to who will tell you the type of mold present is invaluable. Pair that with an expert who will devise the best way for treatment then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of knowledge in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the initial step in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, the prime option is working with a company that specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in conjunction with basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your property on top of major health concerns to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the environment it lives in, this means that the longer it remains without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the kinds of mold growing in your house and effectively handle treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 general types of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic substances.
With the abundance of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis will assist in getting your home free and safe from the most damaging molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that grows both indoors and outdoors. It can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus that enters homes. It thrives in porous, damp surfaces such as textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys needs excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This type of mold is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in both cold and warm areas and spreads quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is commonly found in a home’s soft goods and grows and spreads in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect you have mold in your home call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing necessary to remove insidious mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.