Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold can be found everywhere and, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the kind of mold that grows in your house or business can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores can travel through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a residence on shoes, clothing and animals. It is practically impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your property. You should take action when mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with that can advise on the kind of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert that can devise the best way for treatment and carry out the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth knowledge in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, the prime option is working with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your property on top of major health problems for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can negatively affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it lives in, this means that the longer it remains without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your home and effectively handle treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 basic families of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic substances.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in any given residence, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can assist in making your home healthy and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that grows outdoors and indoors. It can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus that enters homes. It grows in porous, damp locations such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is lucky, as it’s among the more terrible. Stachybotrys needs excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly allergic responsive mold is responsible for causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in cold and warm environments and spreads quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in cold weather, this mold is pink or coral in color and is most commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It does well in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Reach Out to Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know there is mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation services necessary to eradicate dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.