Preventing Water Damage
Any home or business can undergo water damage, despite the climate or location. Your property can receive water damages through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. Water damages on your home can take take a severe toil on you and your family. The professionals from Paul Davis understand. To decrease your home’s water damage, contact the professionals immediately. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll evaluate and repair the problem. However, there are ways to avoid the expense of water damages. Knowing how to guard your property from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
The Causes of Water Damage
Prevention is the most effective method to avoid water damage. That’s why it’s imperative to search your home for the signs of water damage. You’ll have to take the time to analyze the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water damage in the home:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Water Damage Prevention
The most efficient way to avoid water damage is to take action. To dodge expensive repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims, preventive action is key. To stop water damage, consider the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. Paul Davis has taken care of water damages in houses for years. Let us help you.