Ways to Repair Fire Damage
Fire can be very damaging to a house. However, many people don’t know about the other detrimental elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overwhelm your home and possessions and smoke soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have deep-rooted, disastrous both to your family and your house.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why as fire repair experts, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. Each Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
Repairing Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- To fan out smoke, move large fans towards open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of fire removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. After we finish up our restorations services, your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our specialists are highly-trained in high-quality using productive equipment for our smoke repair cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration professionals from Paul Davis at (281) 886-7755. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.