Fire Damage Can Be Remediated
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as harmful. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have lasting, devastating both to your family and your home.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand that your cherished keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are here to help. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
Cleaning Up How to Cleanup Fire Damage
Your home can receive serious smoke damage without a major fire. If you don’t act quickly, small-scale kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your HVAC system.
- To push out smokey air, put large fans by open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of fire remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. Our fire remediation services will get your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are highly-trained in effective using the proper equipment during our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire remediation services specialists from Paul Davis at (281) 886-7755. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.