Fire Damage Can Be Remediated
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, many people are unaware of the other detrimental elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by the smell of smoke and smoke soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. Experiencing a fire can have extreme and devastating both to your family and your home.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why our specialists in smoke and soot are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your building.
Repairing Fire Damage
Your house can undergo serious soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning to stop smoke from spreading.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to suck out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
Paul Davis’ Services
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. The professionals from Paul Davis all-encompassing fire removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our fire restoration services. Our specialists are specialized in high-quality using productive equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the fire repair services and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at (281) 886-7755. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.