Repairing Fire Damage
Fire can be very damaging to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as detrimental. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while smoke soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can damage both to your house and your family.
When your cherished possessions are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why as specialists in smoke and soot damage, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your home.
Cleaning Up Fire Damage Repairs
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- To suck out smokey air, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture with a rag.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of fire remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your building undergone fire damage? Turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. Our fire remediation services will get you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our specialists are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration professionals from Paul Davis at (281) 886-7755. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.