Repairing Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, many people disregard the other detrimental elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by the smell of smoke and smoke soot can seriously damage walls. Experiencing a fire can have deep-rooted and disastrous both to your house and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why our fire restoration experts are here to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your house.
You Can Repair Smoke Damage
Your home can undergo serious soot damage without a major fire. Small-scale flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your HVAC system.
- Move large fans towards open doors and windows to suck out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with a rag.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your house that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing soot remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. After we finish up our restorations services, you’ll have your space back sooner rather than later. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality using the proper equipment for our smoke repair cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration specialists from Paul Davis at (281) 886-7755. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.