Repairing Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that can be just as harmful. The smell of smoke can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings, while soot can seriously damage walls. Experiencing a fire can have lasting, disastrous both to your house and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why as specialists in soot and smoke damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your building.
How to Clean Up Fire Damage
Your building can undergo serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- To suck out smoke, position large fans towards open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings, while using a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing soot remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our fire remediation services. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality using productive equipment for our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage repair expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke remediation services technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.